Position: Staff Accountant
Full or Part Time: Part-Time (approximately 20 hours/week)
Reports to: Director of Finance
Starting Compensation: Depends on Experience
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounting information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Accounts Payable: audit, code, get approval, and process vendor bills.
- Manage Accounts Receivable: prepare and submit customer invoices. Handle preliminary collection calls.
- Manage General Ledger: prepare & enter journals. Reconcile accounts.
- Manage Cash Report: Record cash receipts, reconcile misc. deposits, issue cash reports.
- Manage Petty Cash.
- Review and record in G/L daily box office reports.
- Backup Director of Finance for preparation of event settlements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent in accounting preferred. (Accounting test will be given).
- Experienced user of spreadsheets and word processing programs.
- Experience user of Accounting Software (Sage preferred).
- Ability to solve problems, use common sense, have the mathematical inclination.
- Must be able to work collegially with all types of people.
- Must pass a criminal background check
How to Apply:
Please submit your application, resume, and letter of interest. E-mail submissions may be addressed to email@example.com.