Position: Ice Skating Crew
Full or Part Time: Part-Time
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Starting Compensation: Starting at $14.00
This position is responsible for assisting the Shift Supervisor in the completion of the daily tasks designed to ensure and maintain a safe and welcoming environment at the Findlay Toyota Center ice skating rink.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in keeping all areas of the facility neat, clean, and safe at all times. These duties include sweeping and mopping the rink restrooms, locker rooms, shower areas, lobby, meeting rooms, bleachers and removing trash, changing lights, cleaning rink glass, etc.
- Making sure all entrances are clear and safe of debris and snow.
- Offer excellent customer service to all patrons. Greet customers with a smile and respond to their needs in a kind and courteous manner. Sharpen skates. (Full training in this area will be provided.)
- Process all cash received accurately.
- Operate the scoreboard. (Training will be provided.)
- Assist the Shift Manager with closing the facility.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- MUST be at least 18 years of age
- Reading and Writing Proficient
- Able to work flexible schedules including Nights and Weekends
- Pass a Background Screening
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to skate before or after training is provided. (Having your own skates is a plus)
- Take direction from the Shift Supervisor and complete all tasks as assigned.
- Recognize problems as they arise and bring them to the attention of the Shift Manager.
- Assume a positive and active role at the rink, even while working under potentially stressful conditions (weather, upset or injured participants, etc.).
- Must have the ability to be firm with participants when necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants, facilities, and equipment.
- First AID experience is preferred but not required.
- Ice skating experience is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in a second language is preferred but not required.
How to Apply:
Download and print the job application and return to the Findlay Toyota Center box office Monday thru Friday from 10 am to 3 pm.
E-mail submissions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.